These will be the requirements for the Bobcat Badge on or after June 1, 2015.
This material is still a DRAFT, and may change by the time the 2015 Cub Scout Handbooks are released.
Boys who join the Cub Scout program on June 1, 2015, or later must complete the Bobcat requirements listed below
before earning the rank badge for their school or birth year.
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the Bobcat requirements in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide and earn the Cyber Chip Award for your age.*
*If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian.