The Denali Award is available only to Varsity Scout team youth members who have already earned the Varsity Scout letter, and who complete the requirements for this award.
- Be registered as a Varsity Scout Team member.
- Advance one rank toward Eagle. If you are already an Eagle Scout, earn a Palm.
- Hold leadership positions in a Varsity Scout Team for at least six months.
- While serving as Team Captain or a Program Manager, act as primary leader on at least two activities. Program Managers should choose activities in their field of emphasis. Team Captains may be primary leaders of activities in any of the five fields of emphasis.
- While serving as a Program Manager or Team Captain, demonstrate shared leadership skills by participating in supportive roles in each of the three remaining three fields of emphasis.
- Demonstrate that you possess Scout Spirit by understanding and living by the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived each of the twelve points of the Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Complete a progress review.
A Denali certificate is also available. However, Varsity Coaches should request the certificate through their District Executive, as it is NOT available on the internet or through Supply, but only through the BSA intranet.