Boy Scout Joining Requirements
To see the changes, Click Here
- Meet age requirements: Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade, or
is 11 years
old, or has
earned the Arrow of Light Award, but is under 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Find a Scout Troop near your home. (To
find a troop, contact your local Boy Scout Council. The Council name, address and
phone number can be found on BSA's Council
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise,
Slogan, and the
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the Pamphlet Exercises: With your parent or guardian,
complete the exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your Children from Child
Abuse : A Parent's
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application
and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a
Page updated on:
November 28, 2017
|Materials found at the U. S. Scouting
Service Project, Inc. Website ©1997-2007 may be reproduced and used
locally by Scouting volunteers for training purposes consistent with the
programs of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA)
[Links to BSA
Sites] or other Scouting and Guiding Organizations. No material found
here may be used or reproduced for electronic redistribution or commercial
or other non-Scouting purposes without the express permission of the U. S.
Scouting Service Project, Inc. (USSSP) or other copyright holders. USSSP is
not affiliated with BSA and does not speak on behalf of BSA. Opinions
expressed on these web pages are those of the web authors.
U.S. Scouting Service
Project is maintained by the
Look at our Web Stats. Please
use one of our Contact Forms
to communicate with us. All holdings subject to this
USSSP is Proud to be hosted by Data393.com.
Support the US Scouting Service Project
Websites with your donation. With your help we can continue to serve the Scouting
Scouting Service Project, Inc. is a Not-for Profit Corporation chartered in
the State of Missouri. The IRS has not recognized the USSSP as a 501(c)(3)
organization, so donations may not be tax deductible.
To donate, click on the icon below.
Visit Our Trading Post