These were the REQUIREMENTS before the REVISIONS
which were made on January 1, 2004.
To see the current requirements Click Here
The Music for the bugle calls listed in Requirement
can be found on our Bugle Call Page
(All Music on one page - very slow to load as a result)
or by clicking on the individual bugle calls listed below.
Click Here to go to the Frederick Military Academy Alumni website Bugle calls page, which also has copies of the bugle calls in a number of formats, including WAV files by a professional bugler.
- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes a sound and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Sound the following bugle calls:*
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 4 is used.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for 3 months.*
*NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
BSA Advancement ID#: 32
Pamphlet Revision Date: 1994
Requirements last updated in 1999