Cub Scout Den Leader Award
This award has been discontinued.
It has been replaced with the Den Leader's Training Award.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the new requirements.
To see the current requirements,
Complete one year as a registered Cub Scout den leader
(Dates of service used to earn this award cannot be used to earn another key
- Complete "The New Den Leader" Fast Start training.
- Complete basic training for Cub Scout den leaders.
- Complete Youth Protection Training.
- During your tenure for this award, participate in a Cub Scout leader pow
wow or University of Scouting, or attend at least four roundtables.
Do five of the following:
- During at least one program year, have a minimum of 50 percent of the Cub
Scouts in your den earn the rank for their grade or age (Wolf or Bear).
- At least once, reregister a minimum of 75 percent of the eligible
members of your den as a part of pack rechartering.
- Graduate a minimum of 60 percent of the eligible members of your den into
- Have an assistant den leader who meets regularly with your den.
- Have a den chief who meets regularly with your den.
- Take leadership in planning and conducting a den service project.
- Conduct at least three den meetings per month, 9 months per year or follow
an optional meeting plan approved by the pack.
- Participate with your den in a Cub Scout day camp or Cub Scout resident
- Explore three "Character Connection" activities with your den members in
- Hold regular den meeting and den activity planning sessions with your assistant
Record for the Cub Scout Den Leader Award
NOTE: Item 9 under "Performance" is missing on the Progress record form but is
listed in the text of the Leadership Training Committee Guide.
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (#34169A)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012