Tiger Cub Den Leader Award
This award has been discontinued.
It has been replaced with the Den Leader's Training Award.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the requirements for the Den Leader's Training
Prior recipients may continue to wear the awards they earned.
To see the current requirements,
Complete one year as a registered Tiger Cub Den Leader.
(Dates of service used to earn this award cannot be used to earn another key
- Complete "The New Tiger Cub Den Leader" Fast Start training.
- Complete basic training for Tiger Cub Den Leaders.
- Complete Youth Protection Training.
- During your tenure for this award, participate in a Cub Scout leader pow
wow or University of Scouting, or attend at least four roundtables.
Do all of the following:
- Conduct a Tiger Cub roundup for your pack with at least five new Tiger Cub
boy/adult teams recruited.
- Contact the host team each month and provide support as needed for one year.
- Coordinate Tiger Cub den participation in three Cub Scout pack activities
- Graduate a Tiger Cub den into Cub Scouting with at least 60 percent of the
Tiger Cubs becoming Cub Scouts.
- Report on the progress of Tiger Cub dens at 75 percent of pack leader meetings
Record for the Tiger Cub Den Leader Award
This Award was formerly called the Tiger Cub Coach Award.
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (#34169A)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012