The requirements for this award have been revised.
Scouters already working on the award may continue with these requirements until
December 31, 2012.
Those starting work should use the new requirements.
To see the current requirements,
- Complete Boy Scout Fast Start Training.
- Complete New Leader Essentials
- Complete Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training.
- Complete Youth Protection Training
- Complete Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills.
- Participate in one supplemental training course either at a local council
or national level.
- Conduct troop youth leader training at least three times, as outlined in
the Troop Leadership Training.
- Participate as an adult in youth leader training by either serving on the
staff or attending the Scoutmaster orientation session of the national youth
leader training conference.
- Earn the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award.
Complete at least 3 years of registered tenure as a Scoutmaster within a
(can include the tenure used to earn the Scouter's Award).
At least twice during the three-year period, serve as a Scoutmaster of a
troop that earns the National Quality Unit Award.
Record for the Scoutmaster's Key
Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2006 (#34169A)
Page updated on:
July 28, 2012