Philmont Training Center Masters Award
This is a three track program.
When a Scouter has completed the the first track, he/she would earn a Philmont
Training Center Conference Patch.
After completing the
second track, the Scouter would earn the square knot.
By completing the third
track the Scouter would earn the PTC square knot device.
All actions for the Philmont Training Center Masters Track Square Knot must be
completed after June
Any courses taken prior this date will not be counted.
Attend Philmont Training Center (PTC) as a participant.
Second track: (Complete all three items)
- Take an additional Course at PTC.
- Recruit at least 3 people to attend a PTC course.
- Teach a BSA course in your district, council, area or region.
(The course and
participation in the course must be approved by the council or area training chair
prior to working on the course.)
Third Track: (Complete all three items)
- Serve as a faculty member on a PTC course
Attend an additional training course as a
- Recruit at least 3 people who attend a PTC course.
- Coordinate a Council, Area or Regional Cluster approved training
AND one of the following three items :
- Coordinate and staff a promotional booth for the PTC at a
- Conduct a council “Philmont Family Meeting” to share PTC information
and encourage family participation.
- Teach a training course in a foreign county- Coordinated and
approved by the BSA International Division.
Upon the completion of Track 2 the participant should contact the Philmont Training Center by letter to
request the needed verification to purchase the square knot and for his/her certificate.
Page updated on:
November 18, 2009